Registration – Choirs of Notre Dame
The Way of the Cross: A Passion Pilgrimage Through Song
Led by Grammy® Award winner and Director of the Notre Dame Folk Choir Dr. J.J. Wright, this series will introduce The Passion, a new artistic production combining Scripture with original poetry and set to original music. Through Christ’s Passion, we learn to encounter suffering and incarnate love, to behold one another in our “not-enoughness.” As we enter the upcoming Lenten and Easter seasons, we invite you to journey with the Folk Choir and some of our closest collaborators through the development, rehearsal, and performance process of The Passion. Along the way, we will explore the Passion and Resurrection in light of the most pressing issues on the minds of our students, including the clergy sexual abuse crisis, the role of women in the Church, and climate change. In May, the choir will make a pilgrimage to the Holy Land, where they’ll walk in Jesus’s steps through the Passion and record this new work at the Jerusalem Music Center.
- March 1, 2022: The Making of The Passion
- March 15, 2022: Our Wicked Problems
- March 29, 2022: Storytelling Through Song
- April 12, 2022: The Upper Room: Art and Sacrament
- April 26, 2022: The Passion in Our Daily Lives
- May 10, 2022: Memory and Mourning: The Passion in Our Lenten and Easter Journey
- May 24, 2022: A Live Broadcast from Jerusalem: A Passion Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
Register to join this series and to stay informed about future performances from choirs of Notre Dame.