Black Domers: Blazing Trails in 21st Century Business & Entrepreneurship
Thursday, February 15, 2024 7:00 pm EST
“Recent events in our nation have led to a national reckoning, to soul-searching and a demand for action with regard to racial and social injustice…There is a widespread sense of urgency to come together, to take meaningful action to achieve a more just and equitable society. Accompanying the urgency is a sense of hope that now is the moment for constructive and lasting change.” – Advancing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Notre Dame: A Strategic Framework, June 2021
As our nation continues to face urgent calls for racial justice, many members of the Notre Dame family are seeking safe spaces for honest dialogue that can advance understanding and become a foundation for action. It is in that spirit that the Black Alumni of Notre Dame and ThinkND invite you to join us for the second season of Black Domers. We’ll explore experiences of Black alumni and students, imagine the future of social justice, convene Black entrepreneurial and business trailblazers, nurture Black well-being, and cultivate Black spirituality. All are welcome!
Join us for a discussion on how Black business leaders and entrepreneurs are blazing trails to success in the 21st century business landscape. Moderated by Dr. Paige S. Jackson, Ph.D., this panel will feature Christina Fisher ’12 EMBA, Dr. Leon Jackson ’19 MBA, Rashod Johnson ’08 MBA, and Jimmy Rayford ’12, vice chair of the Black Alumni of Notre Dame, in a discussion about the trailblazer mindset and their unique and individual journeys to success. Juliana Newbill ’02, IrishCompass program manager, will offer practical advice for activating your Notre Dame network.
Experience the event on Thursday, February 15, 2024 at 7:00 p.m. ET.
- Paige S. Jackson, Ph.D., Associate Director, Law & Graduate Business Annual Giving, University of Notre Dame
- Christina Y. Fisher ’12 EMBA, executive vice president and chief financial officer of Blue Cross Blue Shield Association (BCBSA)
- Leon Jackson, Ph.D. ’19 EMBA, founder and CEO of The Diversity in Leadership Program
- Rashod R. Johnson, PE ’08 MBA, president and CEO of Ardmore Roderick
- Juliana Newbill ’02, IrishCompass program manager at the Notre Dame Alumni Association
- Jimmy Rayford ’12 MBA, CEO of Dealers Wholesale, vice chair of the Black Alumni of Notre Dame board
To submit a question for the speakers before the event, please use this form.