Science & Business of Wine, Spirits and Beer
The Science & Business of Wine, Spirits & Beer will consist of 5 different multi-episode series taking place over the next year from the Notre Dame College of Science and Notre Dame Mendoza College of Business in collaboration with the Robert Mondavi Institute for Wine & Food Science at University of California, Davis.
The Science & Business of Spirits (Launching in November 17, 2022)
The first virtual event in this series will be held at noon ET on Thursday, November 17, 2022. We will begin this series of conversations with an explanation of how spirits are made using science, engineering and technology. Subsequent sessions of The Secret Life of Spirits will focus on various types of spirits including: tequila, vodka, rum, gin, whiskey, and brandies.
The Science & Business of Wine: Wine, Behind the Curtain (Launched in October 2022)
Most people enjoy a nice glass of wine with dinner, and some discuss the complexities of taste, but we’re returning to basics. What is wine? How is it made? Let’s start from the beginning and build a base of understanding to explore all things wine in the Wine, Behind the Curtain series. We’ll share how to experience your favorite bottle and what decisions or locations affect its flavor and aroma.
Coming in 2023:
- The Science & Business of Beer (Launching in February 2023)
- Wines of the World (Launching in Summer 2023)
- State of the Industry: Wine, Beer & Spirits (Launching in Summer 2023)
Want to take the party home? For each of the 5 series, a Giveaway Prize will be awarded to a series registrant drawn at random. Each Giveaway Prize will include:
- Notre Dame Family Wines Wine Carrier
- 2 Notre Dame Family Wines Bottle Stoppers
- 1 night at Morris Inn Notre Dame (black out dates apply)
- 1 dinner for 2 (black out dates apply) at Rohr’s at the Morris Inn Notre Dame
- ThinkND embossed hardcover notebook and pen
- and more!
This programming is co-sponsored by Notre Dame Family Wines, YoungND and Notre Dame Senior Alumni.